The question was asked on Quora byand answered by
It Would Depend on the Specialty of the Doctor Doing the Considering. There is an old joke which goes like this:
- A GP doesn’t know anything and can’t do anything.
- A Physician knows everything but can’t do anything.
- A Surgeon doesn’t know anything but can do anything.
- And lastly: The Pathologist is always right, but arrives too late….
Of course, in the present day’s situation there is no truth to that joke, but it shows how different kinds of medical specialist view each other & how they respect each other:
- The Surgeons are annoyed by what they see as the Physicians’ indecision, meaning they take too long a time before reaching a conclusion.
- The Physicians think the Surgeons are too Aggressive and Gung Ho, jumping in before everything is clear.
- Surgeons and Physicians alike tended to dismiss the GP out of hand.
Tell us in a comment, which specialty do you think is the most respected one by other doctors and why?
Photo Credits: People image created by Javi_indy – Freepik.com